miso soup

For Larry and the miso soup idea:

 Rice freezes well, and couldn't you put your vegies in the broth when you
freeze it right out of a frozen package, rather than adding later?  You could
add any left over vegies also.  Yes, add the shiitake and kombu soaking
liquid.  I read you should strain the shiitake liquid, but I haven't seen the
need.

For Kate:

I have never heard of re-using Kombu, I don't think it would be so good.
Usually you only use just a little piece, so it should last a long time.

Thanks to the writer who suggestsed the Stefado from the fatfree archives
submitted by Sherry.  I have it simmering in the crockpot and the little taste
I just took, yummy!

Barb in FL