Instant Bean Flakes

Hooray for Quick-Quick Couscous. I came home very late last night and
starved - so thanks Kathleen for a very quick recipe. It was done in no
time. You wanted recipes using instant black beans. I only found one - but
am adding two other quick recipes where I see no reason you cannot use
instant black beans instead of canned as long as you adjust for the liquid.
Hope this helps. Patty.
                 Almost Instant Bean Dip - @ 2 cups  from Fat-Free & Easy
by Raymond
  1 cup instant bean flakes      1 cup boiling water        1/2 - 1 cup
salsa
  baked tortilla chips for serving.
  Mix the bean flakes and boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes, then stir in
salsa to taste. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Per 1/4 cup: 49 cal; 3g prot; 9g carb; 0g fat; 150mg sod; 0mg chol;

RICE with BLACK BEANS (from ad in magazine for Minute Instant Brown Rice)
1 medium onion, chopped
14 1/2 oz. can stewed tomatoes (Mexican)
15 oz. can black beans (if rinsed and drained add 1/3 to 1/2 cup water)
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cups Minute Instant Brown Rice (If using Uncle Ben use 1 1/4 cups)

Sauté onion in broth or water until tender but not browned. Add tomatoes,
beans (and water if drained), oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and
let stand 5 minutes. Makes @ 4 servings.
Nutritional data is based on 9 servings for the above using 1 TBS. oil
which I omitted.
Per Sv: 150 cal; 7g prot; 29g carb; 2g fat; 310mg sod; 4g fiber;

RICE with SALSA and BEANS - from ad in magazine for Minute White Rice
Prepare 2 cups uncooked Minute Rice as directed on package. Stir in 1 cup
salsa and 1 cup drained, canned black or red beans. (No nutritional data
given)  @ 4 servings.

(I use instant brown rice when making this as I don't like the white - and
using instant is not as good as the regular but when you're in a hurry
you're in a hurry - at least that's my excuse).