wine

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could answer a question for me which is not about food but
rather about wine.  I have found in the last few months that one or 2 glasses
of wine at night is resulting in me waking up with a spliting headache.  This
is specifically white wine, but red could do the same, I just havent connected
it.  I have been vlf for a couple of years so it can't be the change in diet.
any suggestions?

On the food front, it is finally coming into winter over here (NZ) - just
reread that and it sounds like i'm counting hte days (im not!).  So its soup
weather again, and I have finally made some cornbread from a recipe which I
think was from Ellen about a year ago!  This is great, my SAD flatmates loved
it, as well as my very discerning vege friend.  I used coarse cornmeal, gives
it a bit more substance I guess, but I may try finer stuff.

JOHNNY CAKE (revised) ( like cornbread only better!!!)

1/4 Cup Egg Beaters or equiv. of 1 egg any other egg replacer (i used 1 egg
white and a teaspoon of powdered egg sub and 2T water)
1/2 Cup Sugar (I cut this back to less than 1/4C)
4 Tablespoons Applesauce (or yoghurt works too)
1 t soda + 1 C sour milk* (or buttermilk)
1 teaspoon salt
11/2 Cup Flour
11/2 Cup Corn Meal

Mix all dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients
and stir until throughly mixed.  You can successfully use more cornmeal and
less flour too, although I think this would be more successful with finer
cornmeal (maybe 1.5C coarse cornmeal, 3/4C each fine cornmeal and flour - I
used wholemeal for half).

Bake 15-20 minutes in 325-350 oven in  a loaf tin or individual muffin pans.

*you can make 1 cup of sour milk by adding 1 cup
of skimmed milk or soy milk to 3 Tablespoons vinegar.

the original poster (sure it was Ellen) suggested the following eating Hint:

Cut Johnny Cake into pie shaped pieces (6 per pan).  Then cut
a piece in half so that top is one-half and the bottom is the
other half.  Place on a plate and cover with syrup.
Eat and enjoy! Mmmmm!

My favourite is dipped in pumpkin soup, although I havent' yet tried it with
syrup.

enjoy

Bronwyn