Re: Basmati Rice

> Can you find brown basmati rice where you live?  I eat it
> all the time; it's my favorite!  I don't think you can
> substitute brown for white in recipes since brown rice takes
> much longer to cook.  Remember, all rice starts out as
> "brown"; it's the processing that makes it "white".
>
> Sheri

Here in Texas we can get a variety of basmati called Texmati and also
Brown Texmati -- it is the best of both worlds. But two (?) billion
Chinese can't be all wrong -- their staple is white rice.

I have successfully made Spanish Rice with brown rice -- the original
recipe calls for converted white rice so I just cook it longer. But not
all recipes are so easy to adjust.

~Sandee