Giving up dairy

Gloriamarie said:

> My question was: those of you who have successfully made the switch to a
> vegan diet, how do you live without butter, Parmesean cheese and extra
> sharp cheddar, feta, yoghurt, buttermilk?

I'm a vegan!  When I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian, I lived on
cheese.  I poured it on everything.  That's why I was 85
pounds overweight!  To eliminate it, first I switched to
low-fat cheese, then I went to fat-free.  With a final push,
I eliminated cheese alltogether.  It was difficult for a few
days, but I really wanted to do it, so I did.  If you REALLY
want to give up dairy, you can do it.  Instead of butter on
bread, try apple butter.  You can make soy buttermilk with
soymilk and vinegar, for recipes.  Good luck!  Your body
will thank you for it!

Sheri