Soy Milk Creme Caramel

I'm on a roll today... +ACo-dry grin+ACo-
I recently found a recipe for Soy Milk Creme Caramel which sounds utterly
exquisite, but I haven't had the time to try it out, so I just thought I'd
post it and let you guys be the guinea pigs for potential destruction+ACE- It
sounds quite easy, though...
Soy Milk Creme Caramel
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) water
2 eggs
6 egg whites
2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar, extra
11/2 cups (375ml) low-fat soy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Combine sugar and water in medium heavy-based pan, stir over heat, without
boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, without
stirring, until a dark caramel colour. Pour caramel into deep 17cm round
cake pan+ADs- cool. Whisk remaining ingredients in medium bowl until combined,
pour over caramel in cake pan. Place cake pan in baking dish, pour in enough
boiling water to come halfway up side of pan. Bake in moderately slow over
about 50 minutes or until just set. Remove pan from water, cool. Refrigerate
creme caramel overnight.
Serves 8.
Oh, by the way, it can be made a day ahead. There are about 2.5g fat in it
(depending on the fat content of the low-fat soy milk you use - you could
probably make it less if you use the skimmed stuff), and has 750kj (179
calories) in it.
Bye+ACE-
Zoe.