Re: potatoes

At 10:20 AM 4/16/98 -0400, Elizabeth J. Rowe wrote:

>The problem with potatoes, while they are certainly very low in fat, is
>that they are also very low in fiber.  Fiber has no calories but fills you
>up, so you consume fewer calories from food that is higher in fiber, like
>whole grains and beans.

Does leaving the skin on help up the amount of fiber?  I just love to leave
the skins on my potoatoes and remember reading that a good deal of their
vitamins and stuff was in the skin.

Monica  hstrynut@xxxxxxxxx
ICQ #2120658
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.