One more oatmeal suggestion

Here is one more suggestion for Felicia who was having trouble getting
microwaved oatmeal to come out the way she likes.  If you're using the
microwave for convenience,  maybe you'd consider doing what I do all the
time--making it in the crockpot overnight! It comes out very creamy from the
slow cooking, and I love being able to get up and have that hot steamy bowl
right away without having to do anything at all.  You do have to clean up the
crockpot, but you can make a large quantity and refrigerate the leftovers to
be heated in the microwave for the next several days.  I use two cups of
oatmeal at a time, which is enough for four breakfasts (for me, anyway;
probably more for people who don't have huge bowls like I do).  Here's all I
do:
	2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (I get this in bulk from my food
co-op--if you used the quick cooking ones, it might be even creamier)
	6 cups water--I think you need more than usual because of the long
cooking time
	cinnamon to taste, I think I use about 1/2 teaspoon
	You can add other flavorings as you like, such as dried fruits, other
sweet spices, diced apples, etc.  I usually put raisins on after it's cooked
because I like them chewy.  I've been meaning to try dried cranberries.

Put it in the crockpot, turn on to low, and go to bed thinking about what a
great breakfast you're going to have!

I scoop it out of the crockpot and eat with maple syrup, or blueberry syrup,
or pourable fruit, and soy milk--yum!  To reheat leftovers, I usually add a
little water, and stir it a couple of times while microwaving until it's hot.

I've been reading the list for a couple of months and this is my first
posting--I've really been enjoying all the great suggestions.  I don't adhere
strictly to a ff diet, but I'm trying to lose the extra pounds I acquired
after having 3 kids in 5 years, so these great low fat recipes are very
helpful!

BTW, for the people who didn't like that latest banana bread recipe, I have a
good vegan banana bread recipe that my kids love--I pull it out and if it is
appropriate for this list, I'll post it.

Thanks,
Jan in Maryland