Potatoes

According to my pocket fat counter, 1 medium potato has .2 g fat.
Almost all vegetables have some naturally occurring fat.  For example;
1/2 c. black-eyed peas .6 g, 1 c. cauliflower .2 g, 1/2 c. cooked red
kidney beans .5 g.  My "diet doctor" encouraged me to eat lots of
potatoes; keep extra baked ones around to snack on.
So as not to completely violate on-topic rules... :-)

Ideas for baked potatoes:
Serve a large opened baked potato with bowls of salsa, chopped onions,
ff sour cream and/or cheeses (cottage cheese is good), shredded lettuce,
refried beans, etc.  Build a taco on it.  Very yummy, very easy.

Slice a baking potato in quarter inch slices.  Preheat oven to 400
degrees.  Soak in ice water for 10 minutes (this is an important step,
don't skip).  Drain, pat dry.  Spray baking sheet and arrange potatoes
in a single layer.  Dust with salt and pepper (cayenne if you like) and
bake 40 minutes.  They get crispy and brown.  This is a very good
substitute if you're seduced by french fries.

Chop potato into large chunks.  Peel and quarter an onion.  Place onion
and potato on heavy foil.  Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, salt and
pepper.  Sometimes I throw in several whole cloves of garlic or some
chopped carrots.  Wrap up into foil bundle.  Bake at 400 degrees for
approx. 40 minutes.  I throw this on the grill when I'm cooking out.

carma

ps - As a country girl I can tell you that hogs are fed corn to fatten
them up.  What's that about?