Baking beetroots and software

Jacqueline mentioned that her beetroots (US=beets) were hard to peel
even after cooking. I find that if they're wrapped in foil before you
put them in the oven, not tightly around them, but the packet crimped
to be airtight, they end up easy to peel after baking.

On a not-related subject, when people recommend software on the list,
could they *please* say what platform the executable program is for,
and if the source code is available so that we can compile it on
whatever computer we happen to have handy? This information should be
available wherever the program is offered for downloading. Thanks.

Kate

--
/*  I'm still 22, but I'm getting used to it.
    http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html  */