Fava beans

Someone with the email name Neil Bernstein (I seem to remember that
the person under this name is actually called something different
-forgive me if I'm wrong!) asked about fava bean recipes.

Sorry, I don't have any actual recipes available, but it may be useful
for you or any others to know that fava beans are the same as lima
beans are the same as broad beans. That's according to the (1st
edition of) the Greens Cookbook anyway.

Broad beans here in the UK are generally eaten fresh when they're in
season. Are your beans dried or are they fresh in pods? If fresh in
pods, depod, then take off the outer greyish flexible shell and eat
the inner green beans raw. Yum...

Oh, and if those *are* the beans you have, please post the dip recipe!

Kate

--
/*  I'm still 22, but I'm getting used to it.
    http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html  */