Outsmarting the onions

To continue the onion thread, here's one I'd never heard before (courtesy of
my coworker, Sharon):  try putting a spoon in your mouth while chopping!

Her favorite gadgets (just for good measure) are her salad shooter and her
cordless hand mixer.  Mine are my vegetable corer (you know, the long, thin,
oddly curved knife you core tomatoes with - couldn't do without it all summer
for our 'mato sandwiches) and my hand blender.  I'm too cheap to buy a braun,
so it's someone else's but it's still great.  Which reminds me - I used it
last night after I found that alfredo recipe and made it with linguine and
lots of french-cut green beans.  Would probably be even better with spinach.
 Yum!