(MORE) DIXIE

     I'd ordered a "starter package" from Dixie Diner's club a few weeks
     back.  Before it arrived and after I'd ordered it, I heard some not so
     pleasant things about some of their products on this list.  When my
     package finally arrived, I wasn't all that anxious to cook the stuff.
     I finally tried the chicken (not) strips.  I attempted to make pseudo
     chicken salad.  I did the recommended over night soaking, seasoned it,
     etc., but it wasn't good at all.  As my husband commented, it tasted
     as though it was uncooked.  I may try again, cooking it a bit after
     the over night soak.  However, I made some beef(not!) strips and
     broccoli last night and it was FANTASTIC!!!  This used to be one of my
     favorite dishes in the old days and I must say this brought back
     memories.

     Beef Not & Broccoli

     1 cup of Beef Not Strips
     2 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (separated)
     1 lb. broccoli florets
     1 medium sized onion, cut into chunks
     2 tablespoons of corn starch
     2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
     1 teaspoon onion powder
     1 teaspoon garlic powder
     4-5 chopped scallions (white part, too)
     1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
     pinch of fresh ground pepper

     Mix beef not strips and 1 1/4 cup of vegetable broth in a microwavable
     bowl.  Heat for 12 minutes.  Let it sit while you prepare the broccoli
     & onions.

     Mix the corn starch, onion & garlic powder, and soy sauce into one cup
     of vegetable broth.  Stir well.  Set aside.

     Heat 1/4 cup of broth in a wok or large skillet.  Stir "fry" the beef
     not for about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and onions.  Stir fry for
     another minute.  Add the broth mixture.  Cook and stir for another two
     or three minutes.  Add the scallions, pepper and ginger and cook no
     longer than one more minute.  Serve hot over rice.  Delicious!  It
     took me about 25 minutes to prepare this wonderful dish!  It probably
     tastes great the next day, too, but there were no left overs.