Canning Baby Food

> I'm also interested in canning information. I have a small
> over-the-refrigerator freezer section and it fills up really fast. I'm
> tempted to try canning in the baby food jars, but don't want to poison my
> baby by doing it wrong. Anyone out there with canning experience who
> could help? The baby food jars have sort of a rubber seal that looks like
> it would work.

You should be able to find 8oz and 4oz jars wherever they sell canning
supplies. Here in Oregon most of the groceries have a section. The
smaller jars are usually used for jams and jellies. For vegetable such
as you describe you would need to use a pressure canner. I picked mine
up at a yard sale for $5.00. In the stores they probably cost about $40.
Either Ball or Kern offers a small book for about $5.00 with directions
on how to can most foods. The offer is usually on a box of canning jars
or lids. Good luck with making your own baby food!

Sincerely,

Marie Finch
mfinch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Rocket Download