Re: Squash Seeds

Beth wrote:

>      I am enjoying trying all sorts of new winter squash this season.  My
>      question is, can I roast/toast the seeds of squash other than pumpkin?
>       Are all the seeds edible or are some varieties inedible.

I have tried most of what you would call summer squashes (gem,
butternut, etc) and they are great.  The younger the seeds, the
better.  the older ones are tough and somewhat tasteless.
Can anyone advise if there is a fat content, though - like a peanut
or an almond (which is the seed of the apricot)?
Frances Watts
for Net!Heads
UUNet Internet Africa - Stanger franchise
032-4591863