FatFree - Krispies vs Puffed Rice

Bala! :-)

> What is  puffed rice?  Do you mean Rice Krispies or is this something
> special?

I mean the stuff rice cakes and rice krispie treats are made out of. You
can get just the puffed rice (they dry roast rice grains till they puff

I just joined this list so I don't know the beginning of this thread, BUT I
have to comment here. Rice Krispies are a toasted kind of rice cereal, the
ones that Snap, Krackle & Pop and make up those delicious Rice Krispie
Treats. Puffed Rice is a different cereal put out by Quaker, I think, along
with many other cereal companies under different names. This is the type of
rice cereal in rice cakes. When I was a kid this was "the cereal shot from
guns" in the commercials. This would make a really mush rice krispie treat. :)

I apologize, I'm so used to going to Indian grocery stores to get this
stuff, I didn't realize this may be a strange sounding ingredient. You

It's not strange. These can be found in any American grocery store.

(back to "lurk" mode)
Sue in NJ
remove spam block of XX in address to reply
http://www.agoron.com/~susang/index.htm