Psych 101

Sure, I get cravings for things, give in to them, then feel disappointed
because the desired object wasn't all that satisfying.  Here's a positive
take on this for you:  You're teaching yourself not to crave the object of
desire!  If you crave a steak, eat it, then find it not satisfying--you're
less likely to crave it in the future.

Another thing--I try to let myself give in to the craving without guilt.
 Food is for sustenance, not for an emotional crutch.  If I walk around
feeling guilty about what goes in my mouth, I'm more likely to give up my
healthy, satisfying lifestyle to avoid the stress of the guilt.

--Karen