Honey-Baked Beans

Below is a great vegan recipe from my site. I hope you enjoy!

Chad Tackett
GLOBAL HEALTH AND FITNESS     www.global-fitness.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  1-800-593-4899  Fax: 503-238-2412
       2904 SE 51st Ave  Portland,  Oregon  97206,  USA
   "Your on-line guide to healthy living and optimal fitness."

Honey-Baked Beans

Makes:
6 servings

Ingredients:

     2 1/2 cups dried kidney beans
     1/3 cup molasses
     1/4 cup brown sugar
     1 tablespoon honey
     1 tablespoon dry mustard
     1/4 teaspoon cayenne
     2 teaspoons tamari
     2 medium onions, chopped
     4 garlic cloves, minced
     1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

     Soak beans for at least 4-5 hours. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
     Drain beans, cover with fresh water, and bring to a boil for 5
minutes, drain again. Mix
     together the molasses, brown sugar, honey, mustard, cayenne, and
tamari in a bowl. Add the
     beans, onions, garlic, and pepper, mix well.
     Place in a baking dish and add water to cover the beans. Cover and
bake 6-8 hours, or until
     beans are soft. Check periodically and add more water if needed.

Nutritional Information:

     Serving size: 1 cup
     Calories: 300
     Fat: 1.5 g