gnocchi, sauce, bamboo shoots

Bronwyn asked for a vlf gnocchi recipe.  All gnocchi are vlf, as they
are basically flour and potatoes.  They are my favorite pasta, as they
are lower in refined carbohydrates than regular pasta because of the
potato, which adds fiber as well, and they cook quickly, and are easy to
prepare from scratch.

The following yelds approximately 2 servings.  Boil one large peeled
potato (or yucca, or any other very starchy root vegetable) until soft.
Drain, let cool and mash in a food processor on low.  With the processor
running, add white flour, about 1 tbsp at a time, until it forms a ball;
if the mixture is too crumbly, add a little water or skim milk.  Divide
ball in 2 and form into 2 long strips, rolling them on a floured board.
Cut gnocchi with a sharp knife.  Cook them in salted water; drain as
soon as they come to the surface (couple of minutes).

They keep refrigerated for about 5 days uncooked, and can be frozen.
Serve with your favorite sauce.  Mine is as follows:

FF TOMATO HERB SAUCE

3 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp chopped sweet red pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped leeks
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil ( or 1 dry)
1 tsp dry rosemary
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tbsp fresh chopped scallions
3 tbsp frozen green peas
¼  tsp red pepper flakes
salt to taste
½  cup tomato puree
1 small fresh tomato, chopped

Sautee everything but the last 2 ingredients over high fire for a couple
of minutes; add tomato and tomato puree, lower fire and let cook about
2-3 min. longer; fold in cooked gnocchi , let cook ½ min to blend
flavors, and serve immediately with some ff Parmesan.

On the subject of quick dinners for pizza cravers, I keep al the above
mentioned herbs, chopped , in separate jars in the freezer.  ( The only
herb I know that can?t be frozen is cillantro, it turns to mush.)  If
you prepare a batch of gnocchi on the weekend, it?s very fast to put
dinner together (prepare sauce while the gnocchi cook.)

Now a question: I bought a package of fresh bamboo shoots, cause they
looked interesting, but I don?t know how to prepare them.  Any ideas?

Irene