re: big city restaurants

Corey wrote asking for any good veggie/vegan restaurants in the NYC
area.  Here are a few of my absolute favorites (and, believe me, this was
a TOUGH choice to make -- NYC is full of excellent veggie places!)

Zen Palate (several locations in Manhattan, all listed in the phone book)
Candle Cafe (74th St. & 3rd Ave)
Helianthus (macrobiotic -- MacDougal St. between Houston & Prince)
Souen (macrobiotic -- 13th St & University Place)
Anjelica Kitchen (1st Ave & 12th St)
Temple in the Village (LaGuardia & Thompson)
Bachue Cafe (21st St & 6th Ave)

Also try to pick up a copy of "New York Naturally."  This is a free
publication, available in most HF stores in NYC (but copies disappear
quickly), and it lists all the HF/veggie/vegan/macrobiotic restaurants in
the area.

Have a great trip!!

Linda & Tim in NYC