Big City Restaurants

This is my first posting but I have been lingering for a while.  First off,
if you live in the Seattle area I know of many veggie/vegan restaurants but I
would recommend the Bamboo Garden on Roy St. (next to the opera house)
because it is heart healthy, vegan, and great food.  But my question is, is
there any great veggie/vegan restaurants in Chicago or New York City that one
could recommend?  I assume there is but I have been to New Orleans, Miami,
Orlando, and Tampa in the past couple of months and have not been able to
find one.  You'd think every metro area would have at least one.  Now I am
heading to Chicago and New York City in the next coming months and I would
like to be able to eat something there besides salads.

Corey Chafin