Re:TVP

>Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 18:23:07 -0400 (EDT)
>Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:37:11 -0700
>From: Vegelady@xxxxxxx
>Subject: TVP
>
>Hello All:
>
>     I have a new E-mail address.  I was wondering if anyone has some great
>inexpensive low-fat TVP recipes.  I finally found where to buy it where I
>live and I am anxious to try it .
>
>                                                     Deb
 From SUSAN WYLDER ZF_WYLDER@xxxxxxxx

Quick Barbeque Sandwiches (vegan)

   * 1 cup TVP
   * 1/2 cup water
   * 1 medium onion, chopped fine
   * 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
   * water or other liquid for sauteing
   * your favorite barbeque sauce or mustard sauce

Mix the TVP with the 1/2 cup water and set aside for 5 minutes.

Saute onion in about 1 Tbs. liquid until almost cleear. Then add garlic and
cook for another minute. Add the reconstituted TVP. Add the barbeque sauce
until the mixture is the right consistency for sandwiches. Heat thoroughly
and serve.