Re: New

larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been reading the fatfree list for about a week now, and have a _lot_ of
> questions.

Great!  Welcome aboard.  One of the first things you should do is read
through the list info files you were sent when you joined.  If you
need a new set, send email to: fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
Subject line of 'archive faqs'.

These files will help you out with a few things, for instance:

> I'm feeling terrific, but people are "spooking" me saying that I'm
> not getting enough proteins.

This isn't a list for nutrition discussion, so we really can't help
you here.  However, the fatfree web site has a section on 'protein
myths' that you may find helpful: http://www.fatfree.com/faq.html

> Would someone mind telling me what SAD stands for?

This is in the list info files.  Read them!  They'll also answer a lot
of other questions.  I think they are worthwile, even if I do say so
myself. :-)

> I purchased tofu for the firsr time today, and haven't a clue what to do with
> it.

Now this is a good question for the list.  I typically only use Mori
Nu Lite Tofu and some varieties of baked tofu.  I add the Mori Nu to
stir frys and blend it to make dips and pies.  The baked tofu I add to
cold salads.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@xxxxxxxxx              East Palo Alto, CA