I'm Mad as Hell....

Yesterday Neal P. wrote:

>I tell the manager (never the server) that
>if I get even a single drop of oil in my food, it will make me throw
>up. When the manager or owner tells the cook "no oil", it seems to
>happen. When a waitress or waiter makes that request, the cook tends
>to make it "as usual", with the belief that it won't taste right
>without the oil (and the customer will never know, anyway).

Is it just me, or does it send anyone else through the roof to know you have
to go through to get edible food in restaurants?  Or, sometimes, even at the
homes of family and "friends"!  If anyone reading this has any hints for
gaining a little perspective on this (read: getting over it), I'd appreciate
hearing about it.  I need all the help with strategies I can get.  This
weekend, I got served a high-fat "fat-free" vegetarian dish in a restaurant
and later, had some cheese sneaked into my food by a family member who
thinks the McDougall program is too "fanatical."  Grrrrr.  Both of these
episodes caused diarrhea, cramping, sinus problems, pimples, and extreme
irritation.  While the physical symptoms seem to have gone away, I'm still
pretty mad.  Well, I'll cut the rant short, but any other advice on getting
the food you need and maintaining your serenity would be very much
appreciated.  TIA.

Jane

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA