Just Veggies/Home Dehydrating

Someone asked about duplicating the Just Veggies dried vegetables at
home. I discovered Just Veggies a while back and was very enthused about
trying to dehydrate them myself. So enthusiastic, in fact, that I got an
inexpensive dehydrater and planned to dry vegetables big time! Well, my
experiment was a distinct failure. I used frozen veggies - the same
varieties as in the Just Veggies mix. It took a whole day to dry them,
and even then most remained chewy and not crunchy. In addition, they all
shriveled up and fell through the holes in the trays so I had to scoop
stuff out of the bottom of the dehydrator. They were okay to use in soups
and such, but definitely not good as a snack! I'm sure I must have done
lots of things wrong, but to tell you the truth, I decided the store
price was worth it compared to the time and energy I had put into a
failure.

Julie in San Jose