Pear Dahl - commet

>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:55:53 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Neil C. Andrews, MD" <ncandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Dahl recipe

>To R. Fay who requested a recipe for dahl.

>PEAR DAHL

Very cool!  A few weeks ago, I was making poached pears, in which the
sauce was simply water, brown sugar, cinnamon, and the peels and core of
the pears.  Once I was done, I couldn't bear to throw out that lovely
sauce.  I was also making dahl, so I used the pear water to cook the
lentils.  It was lovely.  I had no idea there was actually a recipe for
this!  I heartily recommend giving this a try.

Judy