millet mashed potatoes

I got this recipe from Brother Ron Pickarski's Friendly Foods.  It's also
in an old Vegetarian Times.  We like it a lot.

1 cup millet
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1 medium to large onion, chopped

Optional toppings:  scallions, pepper, or cayenne.

Wash millet well; drain. Place in pressure cooker or large saucepan.  Add
cauliflower, salt, and onion.  Add 2 cups water if using pressure cooker;
3 cups if cooking in sauce pan.  Stir to mix.

If using pressure cooker:  Bring to boil; place lid on cooker.  Bring to
pressure.  Turn down heat to lowest temperature necessary to keep cooker
at pressure. Cook 15 minutes. Bring down pressure by quick-release method
and remove lid.  Stir to "mash." Serve hot.

If using saucepan:  Bring to a boil.  Turn down heat to a simmer, cover
and simmer until water is absorbed, about 40 minutes. Stir to "mash".
Serve hot with your choice of toppings. Makes 4 servings.

Note: I think this is a little bland, so I add cayenne pepper and
sprinkle in some nutritional yeast to give it a little "kick".