Ingredient question

Recipe for stuffed marrow sounds great, but I have a question ... what
is marrow.  I assume this is what a vegetable of some sort is called in
the UK as I have cook-zines at home from the UK that reference this
item.  Here in the US, marrow (to the best of my knowledge) refers to
bone marrow, which I can't imagine anyone eating (especially anyone
posting to this list).  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it ... I
really want to try this recipe and the others that I have for this item.

Leah
lvh@xxxxxxx