grinding spices

Hi -

I use a regular ol' coffee grinder to grind my spices.  I think it cost only
$12-14 and it works well (mine is by Krups).  When we were still drinking a
lot of coffee, it was a little bit of a problem to keep the cumin taste out
of the coffee and vice versa.  I read somewhere that grinding a bit of rice
will help get rid of the previous flavor.  That did seem to work well enough.
 Now that we don't drink coffee anymore, it's not a problem!

-Rosemary