Re: Rice for breakfast

Laura wrote:

>I made a yummy breakfast this morning:
>
>3/4 cup cooked brown basmati rice (very fragrant!)
>1/2 cup skim milk
>1 tbsp chopped candied ginger
>1 tbsp dried cranberries
>a dash of nutmeg
>
>I just mixed it up and ate it cold - it was sweet and rich tasting like
>rice pudding - real comfort food.  I imagine it is pretty good nuked for a
>few minutes too.  Oh, for a microwave - mine is still in Australia.

That sounds delicious and would probably be great served hot.  I make a
similar breakfast dish by cooking a sliced banana in skim milk and leftover
rice with cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract in a non-stick pan.  It's
one of my favorite breakfasts.  You can substitute oat bran for rice, also.

			Nancy

Nancy Brauer    nbrauer@xxxxxx        "I don't mind being an oddity, as long
Department of Geological Sciences         as I'm a thought-provoking one."
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA  24061                 -- Joel Hodgeson
http://www.vt.edu:10021/N/nbrauer/home.html