Recipe: mushroom and sweet potato quesadillas

Someone requested quesadilla recipes.  There's a sweet potato quesadilla
recipe in the archives adapted from Moosewood . . . yum!  It was the
inspiration for a quick-and-dirty batch of quesadillas I made up with
ingredients on hand this weekend--boy, were they good!  Even my husband, who
doesn't like mushrooms or sweet potatoes, liked it.

Mushroom and sweet potato quesadilla
Serving size: 1

2               ff flour tortillas
1 tsp           chipotle pepper paste (adds smoky complexity)
                (homemade w/pepper, onion, garlic, sugar, water)
2ish Tbl        FF monterrey jack cheese
6ish            mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2ish Tbl        mashed cooked sweet potatoes

(I had some baked sweet potato cooked with a smidge of maple syrup left over)

Heat oven to 375.  Spread chipotle paste on tortillas, then layer half the
cheese, 'shrooms and sweet potatoes (kinda centered), the rest of the
cheese, then the other tortilla.

Smush (a technical term!) together a bit.  Dampen the outsides of the
tortillas to help get crispy.  Put on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes,
turning halfway through.

Let the quesadilla cool a bit before cutting or eating.  It lets everything
get a little harder and is easier to handle.

-di