Crispy Taco Shells <T>

Crispy Taco Shells and Vegan Tacos <T>

With all the Mexican recipes coming in, I thought I'd share a
fat-free way to make crispy tortilla shells for tacos or just to
munch on.

Turn on your oven to 350 F. (180 C. or Gasmark 4) - no need to
preheat - and lay fresh corn tortillas across two of the wires
of the oven rack, letting the tortilla fall below any other wires:
                 ______                              ______
before .    .   /.    .\   .    .        after  .   /.    .\   .
As soon as the tortilla starts to darken slightly it's ready to
remove (very carefully - it's hot!).

My version a crispy taco is to put a layer of shredded romaine
lettuce on the taco shell, then add a thin layer of Spanish rice, a
layer of veggie chili, a layer of salsa and a sprinkling of fatfree
soy cheese (my favorite is Soya Kaas FatFree Jalapeno Jack).
---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM