Penne with Chard, Red Onion, Tomatoe and Portobello Mushrooms

What a pleasure to be back! Thank you, Michelle for resurrecting the list.
I'm looking forward to renewing our lively group!

In celebration, here's a quick, easy, delicious recipe:

PENNE WITH CHARD, RED ONION, TOMATO, AND PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS

1 bunch chard, stems removed, and leaves sliced into thin ribbons
1/2 - 1 red onion, sliced
1-2 portobello mushrooms, cut into large chunks (you could use regular
mushrooms as well)
1-2 roma tomatoes, diced
Little water, wine, balsamic vinegar or vegie broth for moistening
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked penne
Nonfat parmesan cheese (optional, but very good)

Spray a nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray, Heat to medium-high.
Add onions and mushrooms, and saute till onions start getting soft. Add
chard, and saute till it starts to wilt. Add a bit of liquid to moisten (if
necessary). Add tomatoes, stir till heated thru (they should collapse a bit
and add to the sauce). Season with salt and papper, and toss with cooked
penne and parmesan. Serve immediately.

Asha

a s h a  d o r n f e s t
http://www.ashaland.com

a u t h o r  o f:
FrontPage Web Publishing and Design For Dummies
Do-It-Yourself Web Publishing with Word