     Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 17:35:39 -0500
     From: ZKOREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Subject: Unidentified subject!

     The jewish holiday Purim is fast approaching, and this is my
     fat-free version of the traditional pastries called "hamantaschen".

     HAMANTASCHEN                  Servings: 16

     Traditional Purim treat.

     Dough:
     1 1/2  c.        flour                  1   TBSP. skim milk
     1/4    tsp.      salt                   1   tsp.  baking powder
     1/4    c.        applesauce             1/2 c.    sugar
     1/2    tsp.      vanilla                1         eggwhite

     Filling:  Any fruit preserves or pie filling.

     Mix applesauce, sugar and eggwhite.  Mix flour, salt and baking
     powder and add to applesauce mixture. Add milk and vanilla,
     Mix well with hands. Form into a ball and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
     Divide dough into 16 small balls. Roll out each ball to a 3.5 inch
     diameter circle (you will need extra flour for hands and board,
     since the dough is sticky). Place in the center of each circle
     one (heaping) tsp. of the filling.  Form triangles by folding over edges
     of circle and pinch to create three corners, leaving a small amount of
     the filling in the center uncovered.
     Bake on a sprayed cookie sheet, at 375F, 10-15 minutes or until
     golden brown.
			 Enjoy!
				Zahava Koren
				Amherst, Mass.