Golden Pasta

        It's good to have the fatfree line up and running again.  And now,
after a year of lurking (gulp), I'd like to post this recipe, adapted from
"The Lose Weight Naturally Cookbook."  It's fast and easy and one of our
favorites. -- Edie

GOLDEN PASTA

1 10-oz. package frozen acorn squash or 2 cups cooked winter squash, mashed
2 tablespoons fat-free Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (1 tsp. dried)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups dry pasta (rotini works well)
1-1/2 cups fatfree marinara sauce, homemade or commercial

      Bring a large kettle of water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook until al
dente.  Drain.
      While pasta is cooking, put frozen block of squash into a dish and
defrost  in microwave for 1/2 the regular cooking time suggested on
package.  Remove and mix in Parmesan, parsley and nutmeg.  Finish heating
in microwave for balance of cooking time.
        Serve atop pasta and top with marinara sauce, if desired.  I use
just a tablespoon or so.  My husband uses more.

OPTION:  This becomes a delicious lasagna when the recipe is doubled and
the squash is layered with lasagna noodles and thin slices of zucchini and
marinara sauce, and repeated, ending with the marinara sauce.  Bake until
bubbly, about 30 minutes.