Low Fat Minestrone

I cooked this the other night and we really enjoyed it:

Minestrone

1 medium onion, chopped, or 1-1/2 cups frozen chopped onions
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 can fat-free, sodium-reduced vegetable stock or broth (14-1/2 oz)
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 can dark red kidney beans, undrained (15 oz)
1 can chopped tomatoes (14-1/2 oz), undrained
1 can Italian green beans(8 oz), drained
1 cup shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry spaghetti (2 oz), broken into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Combine onion and garlic and cook, covered, over low heat 10 minutes or until onion is translucent, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching.
Add all remaining ingredients, except spaghetti and cheese, and bring to a boil.
Add spaghetti and cook 12 minutes.
Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.  Makes 7 cups
Approximate nutritional analysis per cup:  166 calories, 2.8 grams total fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 5.6 milligrams cholesterol, 603 milligrams sodium.

( I added a cup of fresh, chopped mushrooms and a cup of chopped zucchini to the recipe and I think it made for a heartier soup--not sure what it did to the nutritional values above, but not much, I expect)

Glad to have my favorite source of recipes back.  Thanks, Michelle.

John