Vegetable Stock

As I logged on and saw we were back (how great!), my homemade vegetable stock
was simmering on the stove.  Since it is so versatile and since so many of
our ff recipes call for vegetable stock, here is my recipe:

Vegetable Stock

Ingredients:
Saved  (in freezer) shavings and ends from (cleaned) carrots, celery,
turnips, etc
Other veggies you would otherwise toss, just put into freezer for later use
for stock
Dried or fresh onion
All purpose (lo salt) seasonings (Lawry's makes a good no-salt)

In large (~10 quart) pot, boil enough water to cover veggies, put in
seasonings and cook until tender, about 3-4 hours.  Strain, removing veggies.
 Freeze broth in baggies and use with any recipe calling for vegetable stock.
 Easy, no (or lo) salt and you recycled products you would otherwise throw
away (I even freeze shavings from carrot juice!).