scorched pot

we burned the bottom of our pressure cooker last night making barley and rice and we can't get it clean now.  We called the manufacturer and they don't have any suggestions either.

I seem to recall that we had a discussion on this list of cures for scorched pots, but I can't find it anywhere.   If anyone has a good remedy for cleaning up pot bottoms, or can tell me where to find the discussion on this list (if there was one) I would appreciate your contacting me.  Public or private, would be fine.