Easy cooking...

Hi All,
This is for Brenda the new veggie.
I have been a vegetarian , since I was born and it is not boring...
Offcourse there are some dishes that are easy to make and some more
elaborate..

If you like lentils.. then it is great you can stock you house with
lentils,pita bread, rice, noodles, sliced mushrooms,peppers, green
onions, tomatoes, frozen vegetables,frozen pie crusts,bread rolls
I use a pressure cooker for my lentils, that works out faster and fine.
In an Indian store you can get atleast 15 types of lentils and each
tastes different..
If you need help with the varieties of lentils , I could help , send me
an email..
Here are some of the easy ones, that I make when I do not feel like
doing elaborate cooking....
1.   	 You could boil the lentils in water with a tomato, add salt
and pepper when done. Garnish with roasted green onions .You could have
that with roasted pita bread,
 tortillas. All you need to do is broil the pita bread for 2 Mins,
Tortilla for 1 min...

2.    	Boil   1 cup rice with 1/2 cup lentils in  8 cups  of water,
till  soft and all the water is absorbed..Add salt  and pepper when
done.  Garnish with roasted green onions ( when in hurry), or else
chopped                  onions, minced garlic and ginger work out
perfect.

3.	Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 mins until tender, roast
mushrooms  with sliced pepper or (frozen vegetables when in hurry)....
Mix it with noodles and tomato  sauce .. You can bake it for 15 mins or
have it without baking... it tastes good either way

4. 	Defreeze a pack of frozen spinach, dry it with paper towels, mix
it with 1 spoon nonfat sour cream add, 1/2 can skim milk , 1tsp corn
starch or 2 slices of shredded bread, tomato sauce, salt and pepper .
Pour the stuff into a  Pie crust and bake for about 20 mins . You could
do this with other frozen vegetables too.

5.        Add flour to Leftover lentils enough to be able to roll out
into thin pancakes, add more flour while rolling out the pancake. Roast
it in a non-stick pan until brown on both sides.
I could go on and on.. basically could find a quick easy way to cook any
dish  suited to your taste........

Thanks

Ishinder Kaur
Bill Day Interface