Boston restaurants/gravy recipe

I'll add to the lists of Boston restaurants, as the ones previously mentioned
are way out of my price range.  Country Life is a good bet.  They're at 200
High St. 617-951-2462.  As mentioned by someone previously, there is a vegan
Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, Buddha's Delight.  I know people who love
it, but it makes me sick - MSG and lots of fat!  I just noticed a new "fast
food" place, I think it's called Under Wraps, that advertises its food as
VLF, but I've never eaten there, so I can't vouch for it.  There's one across
from Berklee School of Music (not far from Copley Sq at the corner of Mass
Ave and Boylston St) and one in Harvard Square.  There is a great macrobiotic
restaurant in Jamaica Plain, which is sort of a neighborhood of Boston (for
lack of a better description) called the Five Seasons 617-524-9016.  Easy to
get to; email me privately if you want directions.  That's it for
specifically veg restaurants.  If you're not strictly FF, I recommend Indian
food in Central Sq Cambridge, specifically India Pavillion 617-547-7463.
There is also a "fast food" Mexican restaurant called Picante (one in
Downtown Crossing, one in Central Sq and one in Somerville) that is good
about special requests - they have a good bean & veggie burrito.  I know
there are lots of other places where I regularly eat out, with no problems
like others have described, but I can't seem to think of them now!

Here's a gravy recipe that's a little involved, but well worth it.  It's a
full meal served over potatoes mashed with quinoa.

PEPPER AND SUN-DRIED TOMOTO GRAVY from the Perennial Political Palate by the
Bloodroot Collective

1) dice 1 medium onion, 1 large green pepper, 1 red pepper, and 1 fresh
jalapeno pepper.  mince 2 or more cloves garlic.
2) saute the veggies in your favorite medium (water, stock, etc.).  add 1 t
dried oregano, 1/2 t ground cumin, and 1 t dried basil.  "fry" until peppers
are browned.  remove from heat and set aside.
3)place 2/3 c sun-dried tomatoes in a small pot.  add 3/4 c water, cover and
simmer 5 minutes.  Remove tomatoes, reserving liquid.  chop tomatoes and add
to veggies in frying pan along with 21/2 soy sauce and the reserved tomato
liquid.  dice 3/4 c seitan and chop 1 tomato.  add these to the pan, too,
along with 1 c water.  cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Hope it's helpful!

-Rosemary