perceived vegan superiority

Art,
As someone else mentioned, some vegans do tend to "preach", but I, too,
have experienced what you describe and i am pretty sure it is not "me".  My
theory is that we cause them to think about something they have not thought
about and don't want to think about, that we cause them a bit of guilt over
the burger and fries they had for lunch, etc.  When I feel it is
appropriate I just say something along the order of, "this was a personal
decision for me, I don't judge others nor do I try to convert."

When someone asks me, "Can you eat.....?", I answer that I can eat anything
I want, it is my choice, not a religion.  Then I go on to answer the
question if I feel it was a sincere one.

Jan Gordon  jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx
"We are all the guests of the green plants..."
Ismail Serageldin, V P, Environmentally Sustainable Development