Crockpot beans

I have found that the crockpot works quite well cooking beans if I first
bring them to a boil on the stove.  Then I drain the water(helps with the
gas problem) and put the beans in the crockpot and add fresh boiling
water or veggie broth. I cook on low all day and they come out quite
soft.  I too had problems with them not cooking when I put them straight
in the pot without bringing to a boil first.

Kathryn --