McDougall Side Effect

I know this has been rehashed many times before, but I'm not sure if it was
in reference to the McDougall program.

Has anyone experienced severe gas/gas pains when starting the McDougall
[max weight loss] program?  I could not even stand to be in the same room
with me!  I mean, I ate a lot of veggies/fruit/fiber before, but not on
such a grand scale!!!!!!  Did anyone have this experience, and hopefully,
did it go away???  How long does it take before your body stops creating so
much grossness?????