Crockpot recipes

Hi to Zoe and others seeking this information:

Here is a good website for vegetarian/vegan recipes for the
Crockpot:

http://www.metropark.com/recipes/crockpot.html

I have not tried any myself but most seem to be from Ornish
or McDougall and I felt it was worth
bookmarking.

Somewhere I have heard the older the beans are the longer
they will take to cook.  I had a potfull
last winter that never did get beyond the bullet stage and
had to toss them.  So now I don't buy
beans way ahead or keep them from one season to the next.
Any ideas on this theory?

Jo in Minnesota