A Dixie Chicken (not) recipe

HI...

I had good luck with the following recipe from Dixie...using the Chicken
(Not) "strips" (although they're round, not strips)  The recipe came with
the shipment that the "chicken" came in.....Hope you like it.  Joanne

Sweet 'n Sour Chicken (Not!)

2 cups Chicken (Not) strips
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
2 cups water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup ketchup
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained  (they say to save 3/4 cup juice,
but they never say what to do with it)
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion

rice

Cook rice according to pkg directions and set aside.

Mix Chicken (Not) strips , onion soup mix and water in microwave safe bowl
and zap (covered) for 6 minutes or until strips are tender.  Chop peppers
and onion into strips. Remove Chicken (not) strips, cover and set aside.
Place peppers and onion in microwave...zap for 5-6 minutes.  Combine
remaining ingredients for sauce in saucepan, heat and stir. Mix sauce,
strips and veggies.  Serve over rice. ( I put the onions and peppers  &
strips in a non stick frying pan, and browned them a little, then added the
sauce.....)

Yields 5 or 6 servings.
Per serving:
259 calories