Using fresh grape leaves

Several folks have been talking about making their own stuffed grape leaves
(dolmas) but didn't know how to handle fresh.  In my web travels today I came
across a totally fat-full site (as we always will) but investigated it anyway
(as I always do).  There was a middle eastern virtual cookbook there and the
recipe actually referred to the mysterious fresh leaves, so here is that
portion of the recipe for your reference:

<<In 2-quart pan, boil enough water to cover the (2 large) onions.
Put onions in the boiling water and let cook for 10 minutes.
Remove onions from boiling water, cool with cold running water.....If you are
using
fresh grape leaves, at this time submerge them in the hot onion water
(heat off) for 1 minute on each side, remove, discard water. Grape
leaves should change color and become limp.>>