re: bulk food in Detroit area

Hello Will,

I lived most of my life in Michigan.
Are you far from Ann Arbor? If you're there, I
believe they have a Whole Foods grocery store now. Also, there is
a food co-op with lots of bulk stuff near downtown, and Seva, a
vegetarian restaurant on Liberty has some bulk food bins, and other
packaged health food (GREAT restaurant, by the way).

I'll be in Michigan next month... I could check for you with friends
if I knew whereabouts you're at during the week-
(Not Detroit itself, I hope :-)

Good luck!

regards,

Kelly Carney