Mango allergens

I forgot about this until I just read the 8/8 digest.  I never thought this
piece of trivia would EVER come in handy, but mangoes are actually a distant
cousin to poison ivy!  The oils in and on the skin have an amount of related
toxin that very sensitive people would react to.  I believe some
super-sensitive do have problems with the fruit itself but it is apparently a
very small minority.  Happily, I have never had a problem and your hands
obviously weren't affected, so I'd just be more careful in your enjoyment of
this yummy fruit.