Portobello "Burgers"

Alan mentioned grilling portobellos to use as burgers.  This is one of
my favorite summertime meals.  Portobellos aren't as heavy as veggie
burgers and make a great dinner on a hot night (plus they cook very
quickly).  I often eat them without a bun, like small steaks topped with
grilled onions and steak sauce with a salad or side of veggies.  I think
I just figured out what I'm going to make for dinner tonight.

While I'm here, next weekend we're going to an Italian restuarant for a
wedding anniversary dinner.  I think they're a chain restaurant, it's
called EAstside Mario's.  If anyone has been to one, are there any
suggestions as to what I might be able to eat?  I'm vegan and mostly
McDougall, but will stray a little for special occasions (not from
veganism but from McDougall ... when I try to eat eggs or dairy I get
very sick).

Thanks a lot.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Leah in Cleveland, OHio