Pressure Cooking Beans (was beans and gas)

One reader mentioned that she uses a pressure cooker to cook beans without
presoaking.  I just got a new nonstick pressure cooker (Futura) because I
thought I would not have to add fat at the prepressure "sauteeing" stage.
 In any case, I was dismayed to  find that my instructions recommend adding
oil to prevent foaming when cooking beans.  Do members of the Fatfree list
just ignore these instructions? If so, are there potential problems I
should be alerted to?